مدرسه فرانسوی ها

The French school (Catholics) which was called the primary school of “Setareh Sobh” established in Chaharbagh Avenue in Isfahan in 1281 SH during the last 2 decades of Qajar dynasty by French Catholic Christians; the school which is now located in Sangtarashha neighborhood was directed by “Perodomot”.

Isfahan (IMNA) - This school was disbanded in Mehr, 1932 SH after 30 years of activity, and reopened in Sangtarashha neighborhood in 1956 SH. French school of Isfahan with its semi-European semi-Iranian structure is one of the famous buildings in Jolfa district.

In this old school, all the educational facilities were provided for students who planned to study in this boarding school. An amphitheater, numerous study rooms, reading rooms, dressing rooms, resting and sleeping rooms, a central yard, and an underground to preserve the school furniture and equipment and many other facilities are among the prominent features of this historical school. The school has 3 floors with an underground and the northern and southern yards. The southern yard is shared with a Catholic Church.


The thatched facade, windows, plastered margins, terrace fences, brickworks of the facade, wooden and brick columns are some of the decorations of the façade. The ground floor has 14 rooms with 4 sub-spaces, and the first floor has 10 rooms with 5 sub-spaces. French school of Isfahan had been the place for educating war-torn French and Spanish children during the First World War.


Today, it has revived after a hundred years with the help of the municipality of district 5 in Isfahan and Renovation and Improvement Organization of Isfahan municipality; now it has returned to its new use which is not far from its initial use; so that it has become a part of the educational space in the art university of Isfahan; the educational environment has been revived and the educational activities have been started again after about 50 years.

Comment

You are replying to: .
2 + 15 =